The Congregational Administrator at the Anchorage Unitarian Universalist Fellowship handles a broad variety of administrative tasks with minimal guidance. Performs all bookkeeping, payroll, and month-end closing. Manages office procedures, facilities, rentals, and purchasing. Uses knowledge of major office-related computer applications including databases. Manages employee benefits, personnel files, and government reporting. Supervises office volunteers. Prepares reports and recommendations to the Minister and Board. Shares knowledge of the organization and implements its policies. Uses discretion in making decisions. Maintains culture of hospitality.
The position is about 25 hours per week, with flexibility. Small, quiet office.
1. At least five years’ experience working in an office environment, with responsibility for a broad variety of tasks, including significant bookkeeping and money handling.
2. At least two years’ experience with QuickBooks or equivalent, including payroll, receivables, payables, electronic payments and taxes, and month-end closings.
3. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or G-Suite, and some experience with relational databases.
4. Organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated. Eager to improve own skills.
5. Ability to multi-task and work with a variety of staff and volunteers.
6. Experience with supervising performance contracts.
7. Able to use independent judgment on behalf of the congregation. Able to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
8. Maintains a current Alaska Driver’s license, insurance, and reliable vehicle. Able to be bonded.
9. Has earned a high school diploma or equivalent, and preferably an associate or bachelor’s degree.
10. Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English.
1. Read more about us at
2. Submit a cover letter describing why you want to work for Anchorage Unitarian Universalist Fellowship in this position.
3. Submit a resume.
4. Submit to
5. Applications will be reviewed beginning July 23. Position is open until filled.
6. References will be checked and a background check done.