Anchorage Unitarian Universalist Fellowship Job Description
Note: Members are encouraged to refer others for this position, but are not eligible to be hired for a permanent position.
Title: Congregational Administrator
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Non-Exempt
Hours Required: Part Time (approximately 25 hours per week). On-site work in quiet church office.
Position Summary: Handles a broad variety of administrative tasks with minimal guidance. Performs all
bookkeeping, payroll, and month-end closing. Manages office procedures, facilities, rentals, and
purchasing. Uses knowledge of major office-related computer applications including databases.
Manages employee benefits, personnel files, and government reporting. Supervises any office
volunteers. Prepares reports and recommendations to the Minister and Board. Uses discretion in
making decisions. Shares knowledge of the organization and implements its policies. Maintains culture
of hospitality. All employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless contraindicated for medical
1. At least five years’ experience working in an office environment, with responsibility for a broad
variety of tasks, including significant bookkeeping and money handling.
2. At least two years’ experience with QuickBooks or equivalent, including payroll, receivables,
payables, electronic payments and taxes, and month-end closings.
3. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or G-Suite, and some experience with relational databases.
4. Organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated. Eager to improve own skills.
5. Ability to multi-task and work with a variety of staff and volunteers.
6. Experience with supervising performance contracts.
7. Able to use independent judgment on behalf of the congregation. Able to exercise discretion and
8. Maintains a current Alaska Driver’s license, insurance, and reliable vehicle. Able to be bonded.
9. Has earned a high school diploma or equivalent, and preferably an associate or bachelor’s degree.
10. Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English.
Submit a cover letter describing why you want to work for Anchorage Unitarian Universalist Fellowship in this position.
Submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed beginning April 22. Position is open until filled.
References will be checked and a background check done.